University of Applied Sciences St. Pölten
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 1996
- Staff: 0
- Focus: Applied research, Development
- Research area: Medical and health sciences
- Cluster Membership: ecoplus
- Profile: The St. Pölten UAS provides practice- and achievement-oriented quality university education in the six fields of Media & Economy, Media & Digital Technologies, Informatics & Security, Railway Technologies & Mobility, Health & Social Sciences. In the meanwhile 17 study programmes about 2.300 students are guided through their academic years.
- R&D: Practical research plays an important role as the early involvement of students in research projects with companies is a priority and enables young researchers to gain experience. Research in Health focuses primarily on applied research on topics relevant to health promotion & prevention, to therapy & quality assurance in the fields of Dietetics and Physiotherapy. Digital Healthcare is a new interdisciplinary field and deals with the application of digital technologies in healthcare.
- Services: Nutrition + exercise in health promotion, prevention, therapy, rehabilitation + quality assurance with a special focus on counselling research methodology, geriatric nutrition, research related to posture, exercise + locomotion, health service research + multidisciplinary topics.The interdisciplinary Digital Healthcare Team deals with application of digital technologies in healthcare, especially emphasizing technical applications + solutions for challenges in physiotherapy + related disciplines.