Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 2013
- Staff: 0
- Techniques: Proteins and other molecules
- Focus: Applied research, Basic research
- Research area: Medical and health sciences, Medical engineering
- Cluster Membership: ecoplus
- Profile: Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is the first Austrian tertiary education institution to offer a comprehensive range of integrated, interdisciplinary medical and health sciences degree programmes in line with the requirements of the Bologna model. In order to meet future demands with new perspectives on health, KL approaches recent challenges as growing populations, longer life expectancies, and the increasing demand of highly skilled experts in Health Sciences.
- R&D: As part of a groundbreaking, holistic approach which sees an understanding of health as the key to promoting physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, we have brought together four disciplines that have a decisive impact on health policy - health sciences, human medicine, psychotherapy, and neurorehabilitation - under one roof. Research emphasises on biomedical engineering and the interrelation of water and health, with wide options for interdisciplinary cooperation with science and industry.
- Services: Small groups, a strong focus on medical practice and all-round personal support are the stand-out features of the university’s teaching activities. Our state-of-the-art curriculum with its emphasis on biomedical engineering and health economics opens up prospects in a number of health-sector professions. With our network of university hospitals we provide students with a quality-assured, research-led education, to carry out top-class clinical research with a strong international reputation.