Attoquant Diagnostics GmbH
- RDM* biotech/pharma
- Founded in: 2012
- Staff: 6
Diseases of the circulatory system
- Topic: Human health
- Cluster Membership: LISAvienna
- Profile: Attoquant Diagnostics GmbH (www.attoquant.com) was founded in 2012 in Vienna and provides mass spectrometry services to clinical and basic researchers on a global scale. Attoquant is further engaged in the development of novel diagnostic biomarkers in the field of hypertension.
- R&D: We have set a strong focus on the analytical characterization of the Renin-Angiotensin-System (RAS), a peptide hormone cascade that is a critical regulator of fluid balance and blood pressure that serves as a common target for anti-hypertensive drugs. Our technology is currently used in multiple basic and clinical research projects world wide and meanwhile evolved to a new gold standard for angiotensin peptide quantification.
- Production: Our services are carried out here at our company site located on Campus-Vienna-Biocenter. On top of high quality mass spectrometry services, we provide special support to our customers by means of bio-analysis consulting.
- Services: Our lead product, the RAS-Fingerprint is a worldwide unique research tool for the molecular characterization of the RAS. After their successful clinical validation, we currently work on the routine implementation of the AA2-Ratio and the RAAS Triple-A Test, two novel and proprietary angiotensin based biomarkers for hypertension profiling, drug efficacy monitoring and screening for primary aldosteronism, a widely under-diagnosed form of hypertension.
- Sales/Distribution: Attoquant is the owner of the trademark “RAS-Fingerprint” and further generated solid IP protecting our diagnostic methods. Our sales are currently driven by providing services to research institutions and companies world wide. The launch of the the "AA2-Ratio" and the "RAAS Triple-A Test" in the Austrian healthcare market is planned for 2018.