- RDM* medical devices
- Founded in: 2017
- Staff: 1
- Focus: Single-use devices
- Cluster Membership: LISAvienna
- Profile: Ovartec GmbH was founded at the end of 2017 in Vienna. The focus of the startup is on the research and development of the early detection of ovarian and endometrial carcinomas and selling its patented Lavage kit which is needed to extract the lavage fluid. Together with partners from the US, Canada, and the EU Ovartec is organizing and pushing forward, studies to validate the early detection method.
- R&D: Together with the University of Washington and TwinStrand Biosciences we have performed a pilot study proofing that DS can be successfully employed for TP53 sequencing of UtL samples. Together with the “Early Detection Research network - EDRN Breast/GYN Collaborative Group” a study is in planning on the sensitivity and specificity of the UtL concept – UtL plus DS – in detecting early stage HGSC or STIC.
- Services: Our core product: The patented catheter kit contains all the medical devices needed for the simple conduct of irrigation of the uterine cavity and fallopian tubes and a shipping box for sending the rinsing fluid obtained to a central laboratory. The detection method or the examination method of the target cells from the rinsing liquid is carried out by means of novel sequencing by means of the duplex sequencing method.