- RDM* biotech/pharma
- Founded in: 2007
- Staff: 35
- Techniques: Process biotechnology techniques
- Topic: Non-specific applications
- Cluster Membership: LISAvienna
- Profile: Lexogen is a biotech company with a unique, proprietory technology portfolio enabling the detailed analysis of complete transcriptomes as well as of individual RNAs.Highlights are cost-efficient gene expression analysis kits and services, also for time-resolved applications, external NGS controls, and sample preparations for the upcoming, 3rd generation of high-throughput sequencers. Lexogen was founded in 2007 with the support of both private capital and public funds.
- R&D: Lexogen is researching the nature of transcriptomes to develop novel robust technologies for complete and targeted RNA sequencing, focusing on RNA purification, NGS library preparation, and bioinformatical data evaluation algorithms. The overall aim is to innovate to enable reliable transcriptome measurements that are comparable even when carried out at different sites, at different times and using different sequencing methods.
- Production: SPLIT RNA Extraction Kits for the extraction of total RNA or small and large RNA fractions, TeloPrime Full-Length cDNA Amplification Kits, QuantSeq 3'mRNA-Seq Library Prep Kits for rapid generation of 3'end libraries, SENSE mRNA-Seq and SENSE Total RNA-Seq Library Prep Kits for fragmentation-free generation of RNA-Seq libraries, SLAMseq Kits for metabolic labelling of RNAs (time-resoved gene expression) as well as all kit prototypes are produced at Lexogen in Austria.
- Services: Lexogen provides a fully integrated service-workflow to assess gene expression in tissues, cells and RNA samples. The serivce is based on the proprietory QuantSeq technology that generates 3’ mRNA-Seq libraries, and multiplexed libraries are sequenced in-house followed by automated NGS data analysis. Lexogen also offers gene expression analysis of samples from time-resolved experiments performed with the SLAMseq kit.
- Sales/Distribution: Lexogen GmbH sells and distributes world-wide from its Austrian headquarter and via a network of distributors. The US market is served by Lexogen, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary.