Danube Private University
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 2009
- Staff: 0
- Techniques: Process biotechnology techniques
- Focus: Applied research, Basic research, Development
- Research area: Medical and health sciences, Medical engineering
- Cluster Membership: ecoplus
- Profile: Danube Private University (DPU) is the first and only 100% private university in Austria offering a foundation course in dentistry for Dr. med. dent. as well as postgraduate courses for practicing dentists with the academic degree "Master of Science Specialist Areas (M.Sc.)". In addition, the Bachelor´s program for "Dental Hygiene (BA)" and the Bachelor´s program for "Medical Journalism and Public Relations (BA)" complement the DPU portfolio as foundation courses.
- R&D: Danube Private University focuses on two main fields of research: - Digital Technologies in Dentistry and CAD/CAM (Prof. Dr. C. von See) - Natural and Cultural History of Teeth (Prof. Dr. Kurt Alt)
- Services: Highest Standard in Dental Technology: 45 students per semester are accepted, following an admissions exam; the propaedeutics laboratory has 48 work stations, there are also 48 phantom work placements as part of the clinical introduction and 52 treatment units in DPU’s own dental clinic. Due to a specific social tariff system in DPU’s Dental Clinic Krems the potential for student contact with patients is high.