Boehringer Ingelheim RCV GmbH & Co KG
- RDM* biotech/pharma
- Founded in: 1948
- Staff: 1689
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Diseases of the nervous system
Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Diseases of the circulatory system
Diseases of the respiratory system
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism
Diseases of the genitourinary system
- Topic: Industrial processing
- Cluster Membership: LISAvienna
- Profile: The Boehringer Ingelheim RCV is responsible for the human pharmaceuticals and animal health business in more than 30 countries from Estonia to Israel and from Switzerland to Russia. Moreover Vienna coordinates the clinical research activities in the whole region. The site is the global cancer research center and one of four centres devoted to biopharmaceutical research, development and production in the international group of companies.
- R&D: The aim of pharmaceutical research at Boehringer Ingelheim in Austria is the development of new cancer medicines that offer a clear advantage compared with standard therapies. A team of more than 260 international specialists work there on new ways of treating cancer patients. Our scientists analyze the causes of malignant tumors and develop innovative substances. Since 2013 we have already launched 2 new drugs for the treatment of lung cancer.
- Production: Boehringer Ingelheim in Austria was a pioneer in biotechnology, who started more than 50 years ago with research in chicken interferon. This ground-breaking work led to a number of collaborations. Since 1995 we have been active additionally in contract manufacturing,
- Services: Apart from its own products Boehringer Ingelheim has helped its customers to bring more than 25 molecules to the market. This has earned us a reputation as one of the most experienced and reliable contract manufacturing organizations in the world. Boehringer Ingelheim BioXcellence provides the entire production technology chain from DNA to fill and finish under one roof at our facilities in Vienna (Austria), Biberach (Germany), Fremont (USA) and Shanghai (China).
- Sales/Distribution: Boehringer Ingelheim’s success is based on new, innovative prescription medicines to prevent strokes in patients with artrial fibrillation, for the treatment of COPD and asthma, diabetes or cancer, among other indication areas. In the field of animal health we concentrate on vaccines as well as other medicines to keep animal patients healthy.