Bender MedSystems GmbH part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- RDM* biotech/pharma
- Founded in: 1998
- Staff: 89
- Topic: Non-specific applications
- Cluster Membership: LISAvienna
- Profile: The company was founded 1998 as a Management Buyout from Boehringer Ingelheim. After two former acquisition through eBioscience Inc. and Affymetrix Inc, in 2016 Bender MedSystems has established as the Center of Excellence within Thermo Fisher Scienctific for the Immunoassays franchise dedicated to the development and production of immunological research reagents for the industrial and academic segment of this market.
- R&D: Operating in the area of immunology, Bender MedSystems is focused on providing immunoassays used for research and in applied settings in various fields of immunology and cellular biology such as inflammation - cellular adhesion, cytokines, chemokines -, apoptosis, efferocytosis, growth factor and TNFSF research, angiogenesis, cardiovascular research, metabolic research, tumor biology – immuno oncology, infectious diseases and autoimmunity.
- Production: More than 20 years experience in manufacturing of immunological assays and reagents as well as pharmaceutical background guarantee mature manufacturing and quality control processes. The company has a history of successfully establishing production and quality assurance processes for new product lines and technologies, both in-house and externally developed. The Vienna facility is certified according to ISO9001 and displays highly scalable processes.
- Services: As part of our high technical expertise, we also offer custom solutions and contract development services as well as service lab business. The site acts as a CRO and CMO for biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
- Sales/Distribution: The products developed and produced at Bender MedSystems are branded InvitrogenTM and are globally sold through the various sales channels of Thermo Fisher Scienctific.